There are several factors to consider when looking for the right ink to meet your specific printing requirements. Opt for printing fluids that comply with packaging styles and guidelines. It should also meet the changing needs of businesses and consumers. Videojet replacement inks, for example, are chemically advanced and can be used on a range of applications and substrates. Here are some pointers to help you pick out the right replacement ink for your commercial printing needs:
1. Printer Performance:
The performance of your printer depends on the type of ink you choose. Selecting poor quality fluids may result in printing issues like coagulation, agglomeration or gelling. Consequently, the ink will build up on the print heads and disrupt seamless printing. This adversely affects printer performance. Choose a compatible ink that helps in optimizing your printer’s performance and reduces downtime, repair or maintenance needs. Opt for specially formulated replacement inks that help in lessening the duration and frequency of downtime.
2. Meticulous Ink Development Process and Testing:
Choose the right replacement fluid that has undergone a rigorous process of development and testing. These include:
- A seamless development process including production environment testing, complete application simulation and environmental testing
- All-encompassing analytical testing methods to help in the evaluation of different kinds of substrates
- Compliance with safety and environmental guidelines such as VOC, REACH, FDA and GMP
- Development process that includes customer field checks. This implies participation of customers during the testing phase to evaluate ink performance on specific substrates or applications.
- Advanced testing methods that help in overcoming the greatest coding and printing challenges
3. Production Environment:
The production environment in which the ink is produced plays a pivotal role in how the fluid will stick to substrates. Factors such as humidity, moisture and temperature can have a significant impact on durability and adhesion. Manufacturing environment and curing and drying times should be taken into account when choosing the right type of ink. The conditions pertaining to the manufacturing process may lead to problems like code smudging or ink transfer. These aspects should be looked into when opting for your desired ink.
4. Resistant to Light and Fading
Is your ink light and fade resistant? If not, look for specially engineered inks with dyes and pigments that are resistant to the fading effects of ultra violet (UV) light. Choose inks that can be used to code substrates or materials that remain exposed to the sunlight for a long time. Even materials or products that remain exposed to indoor artificial lighting for hours can benefit in terms of code durability and fade resistance.
Buying products from trusted brands such as Videojet replacement inks always goes a long way. While cheaper options may come with apparent short-time benefits, these will adversely affect your printer’s performance over the years.
Four Easy Ways To Choose The Right Replacement Ink For Your Printing Needs
Last Updated on April 18, 2022