HP printers are top of the line products, but they are not immortals. After a certain time or number of pages printed some of its parts may require repair or replacement. Basic knowledge on printer repair is essential so that we can determine the parts that we need to replace and maintain the printer in its good working condition.
Before we begin the repairing process, there are items that we need to check first. This is the following.
• The printer is plugged in, and the outlet is working properly
• Paper tray is properly loaded and with the right paper
• The printer cartridge is the same as indicated in the specifications, and it is loaded properly.
• The humidity and temperature on the printer’s environment meet the specifications stated in the manual.
It is necessary that these conditions are met otherwise it could be the cause of a problem.
Common HP Printer Problems
• Jammed paper. Papers are sometimes jamming in the entrance and exit points of a printer. A common reason why paper’s jam is incorrect paper size. When a paper jam in a HP printer, the first step that should be taken is to open the printer’s door at the front. Be gentle when pulling the paper out, you may also rotate the internal wheel printer so that it will help push the paper out.
• Printer is not communicating with computer. To determine if the printer works and just not communicating with the computer, print a test page. If it prints the test page correctly, then you need to check the cable that connects the printer to the computer. Inspect the ends of the cable if it is not worn out or damaged. If there is an available spare cable, try to use it and see if the problem disappears. If the problem still persists, try to uninstall the printer software and then install it again. Furthermore, check if there is an updated driver for your computer.
• Printer is not responding. Sometimes printers freeze too. A simple solution to frozen printers is to reboot it – just push the power button and hold it for several seconds. After the printer has shut down, wait for at least one minute before you turn in on again.
• Parts need replacement. Cartridges are the most common replaced parts. If the quality of the print is miles away from what you expected, then maybe it is time to replace them. When there is a disturbing noise during pick-up of paper, check the feed rollers for signs of wear and tear. Worn out rollers does not grip the paper properly thus causing a noise. If the noise occurs during an exit, then your problem may be the exit rollers. If the exit rollers are worn out, or has become, hardened or glazed it is time to replace them. Another source of a printer’s problem is its transport belts. Check if the belts have too much slack, if it has, you need to purchase a new one.
These are the easy steps that anyone can do to keep a printer. If the problem requires an in-depth analysis and expertise, seek professional help.
HP Laser Printer Repair
Last Updated on April 14, 2022