This is the age of digital technology. As with other lines of business, the business of photography has also undergone some serious changes. Apart from using modern and state of the art cameras, photographers are now also using top of the line photo printers to print their photographs. The photo printers of today offer high quality at manageable cost. There are various features that come loaded with these printers – Zoom Browser EX, Photo Record, Photo Switch, Easy Print Photo Plus and other images editing software. With the improvement in the quality of print heads and inks, photo printers are now selling like hot cakes where photographers are concerned.
Some of the more common photo printers preferred by professional photographers are
• Epson PictureMate Dash PM260 – Photos can be printed at high speed with great print quality. The printer features and design is user friendly. Printed photos are smudge and water resistant.
• Canon Selphy CP760 – This is an inexpensive and lightweight printer with Canon Selphy cartridges that produces lab quality prints of photographs.
• Epson Stylus Photo R800 Inkjet Printer – This printer has a quality of up to 5760 x 1440 dpi and is great for producing borderless prints of photographs. The best part of this printer is that it separates black and other colours into eight separate Epson stylus printer cartridges. This can also print directly into inkjet printable CDs and DVDs.
• Canon PIXMA iP400 Inkjet Photo Printer – This printer offers quality of up to 4800 x 1200 dpi. With Canon PIXMA iP400 Inkjet Photo Printer, you can directly print from a digital camera because it is PictBridge compatible.
• HP Photosmart 8450 Inkjet Printer – This printer produces some of the most amazing photo prints. With this printer, you can print from memory cards and PictBridge enabled digital cameras. It also contains a 2.5 inch LCD screen for previewing the prints. It also contains an Ethernet port for fast networking.
• Kodak Professional 1400 Photo Colour Dye Sublimation Printer – This is a professional level printer that can produce studio quality photo prints. In a minute and a half, it can deliver outstanding quality 8×10 prints and also seals the photos with an archiving laminate and thus, keeps them protected.
• Olympus P-440 Digital Photo Printer – This printer produces high resolution photo prints and is a high end digital photo printer. It can also be set up to print a page of passport photos. It also contains an 1.8 inch LCD screen for reviews.
• Epson Artisan 700 – This is a great looking printer that produces water resistant, smudge resistant and scratch resistant prints. There is an LCD screen for previewing. Other features like PictBridge and separate trays for photo papers and regular papers. Also comes with Wifi and Ethernet networking features.
• Canon PIXMA iP4600 – This is an easy to use printer. It can be used print directly from digital cameras and has features that allow photographers to remove red eye, even out facial features and also to correct contrast, brightness and colour saturation.
Top 9 Photo Printers Preferred by Professional Photographers
Last Updated on August 3, 2022