Xerox is among the among the top and long-lasting printers. Sometimes, they will also have minor issues and are fairly common throughout the lifespan of the printer. If you are experiencing issues with your printer don’t call the service department immediately. Instead, determine first if you are able to solve the issue.
Here are some steps you can follow when facing difficulties.
* No power. Your printer must be connected to a source of power with the right voltage, and the current of electricity is in line with the requirements. Additionally, it is recommended to ensure that your printer doesn’t share its power source with other devices that require the highest power.
• Paper jams. Make sure you follow the correct loading instructions Perhaps you loaded multiple sheets at one time your paper may be wrinkled. Certain papers cannot be used with Xerox printers. These include rough paper, translucent paper and envelopes that are padded. Also, make sure to check the paper to see if it’s specifically designed for use with an inkjet laser printers and does will it defeat the purpose of its use. The printer’s surface is situated should be smooth or else this could cause the cause of paper jamming. Also, check the tray for paper and the tray guides to make sure they are in the right position.
* Unusual noise. Unlock the printer’s door and then use a flashlight to inspection of the inside. Verify if there is any small or foreign objects that may have walked through there. If not Check your process for the correct loading of paper and the area on that your printer sits on must be in a straight line.
* Printing is not possible. Make sure the printer is connected to your computer; examine the physical condition of the cables and wires. If using Wi-Fi connectivity ensure that you have a signal that is high. Additionally, verify if the error messages are displayed on the Control Panel.
* Printer that is overheated. This issue is typically encountered when using a laser printer and you must ensure that the air vents of your printer aren’t blocked. It is possible to refer to the manual to verify the requirements for space on the printer. The printer should cool for minimum 30 minutes. You can lift the cover of the printer so that air circulates more.
* Poor print quality. Make sure that the toner cartridge is suggested by Xerox. Also, check the paper being used, it could be that it’s damp and requires replacement. If your printer is somewhat old, it could be that it is the belt that transfers to blame and needs replacement. If none of these solutions fail, the problem could be in your power supply. It is recommended to get in touch with Xerox support.
* A few colors have faded. Inspect your toner cartridge for damage, check if it’s damaged or full and replace it.
* Water vapor condensation. Turn off the printer , then disconnect it. The condensed water will take a while to go away. It is suggested to not print for minimum one time or two.
The fundamental printer issues that you can solve and avoid the cash for repairs. Don’t be as stingy. If the steps above are not enough to solve the problem, contact an expert.