Xerox has been top of the line and durable printers. From time to time, they also experience minor problems, which are pretty normal during the life span of a printer. When experiencing printer problems, do not call a service personnel immediately – check first if you can repair the problem.
Here are the steps that you can take when experiencing problems.
• No power. Your printer should be securely connected to a power source with the proper voltage, and the electric current meets the specifications. Furthermore, it is best if your printer does not share the power source with other devices that requires high-power.
• Paper jams. Check the proper loading instructions; maybe you have loaded multiple sheets at once the paper is wrinkled. There are papers that cannot be used in Xerox printers some of these are rough papers, transparent papers, and padded envelopes. In addition, check the paper if it is specifically designed for inkjet or laser printer and no not defeat its purpose. The surface where the printer is located should be flat, otherwise it could be the reason of jamming paper. Check also the paper tray and tray guides if it is in correct position.
• Unusual noise. Open your printer door and use a flashlight to have a good look at the interior. Check if there are foreign objects or small insects that might have crawled there. If there is none, check your procedure on proper loading of paper and the surface which your printer sits should be level.
• Cannot print. Check if the printer is securely connected to the computer; visually inspect the physical conditions of wire/cables used. When using Wi-Fi connection, make sure the signal strength is good. Furthermore, check if there is an error message in the control panel.
• Overheated printer. This is a problem usually encountered with a laser printer; make sure the air vents of the printer are not blocked. You may verify the manual to check the space requirements of the printer. Let the printer cool down for at least 30 minutes. You may open some of the covers of the printer so that the air can circulate more.
• Poor print quality. Check if the toner or cartridge used is recommended by Xerox. Then check the paper that is being used, maybe it is damp and need replacement. If the printer is a little old, maybe the transfer belt is the culprit, and it also needs replacement. If all of these do not work, then the problems may be on your voltage supply. It is best that you contact Xerox support.
• Some of the colors are faded. Check your toner cartridge, see if it is damaged or empty and replace it.
• Water vapor condensation. Turn off the printer and unplug it. Wait for the condensed water to disappear. It is recommended that you do not use your printer for at least an hour or two.
Those are the basic printer problems that you can resolve and save the money for repairs. However, don’t be so stingy – if the actions above do not resolve the problems – call a technician.
Xerox Printer Repair
Last Updated on April 16, 2022